There's a lot of misinformation out there about running being bad for your joints.
"Your body isn't a set of tires that will wear out..."
MOVEMENT IS MEDICINE!
75% of runners have a running-related injury every year.
But we don't think that's a reason to stop running.... We can help you recover from injury and pain and help you KEEP running!
Do you struggle with pain from running or nagging injuries?
Does this sound like you?
Cutting down on mileage because you're scared of pain or injury?
Avoiding speed work because of pain?
Wanting to run that next race but nervous about wearing down your body?
Stagnant in setting goals due to pain or injury?
Most people’s pain hangs around much longer than it needs to because it never received proper diagnosis and treatment.
Waiting for it to go away usually doesn't work, and the longer you wait, the more time you spend not running the way you want to.
Reasons Why Your Pain May Be Hanging On
1. You were hoping it would go away, but it didn't.
2. You went to a physician who gave you expensive imaging, told you to rest, and to take painkillers. If the medicine helped, it was only temporary and the pain came back.
3. A friend or family member told you that pain with running is part of getting older so you just accepted it.
4. You tried visiting other health professionals for help but their treatments didn't seem to help for long.
5. You Googled your symptoms and tried exercises you found on YouTube but it didn't help or made it worse!
6. You thought resting and stopping running would help but as soon as you tried to ease back into it, the pain was back.
If you keep training and living with pain, what will it cost you?
Now the question is,
"How can 901PT help you overcome pain and injury to be a successful long-term runner?
Custom Running Assessment
RUNNING HISTORY AND PAIN REVIEW
Analyze your running history and past or current pain to get the big picture
MOVEMENT & MOBILITY SCREENING
Test your strength & mobility to uncover areas that may lead to injury or pain
SLOW-MOTION VIDEO FORM ANALYSIS
Watch your running technique to find out what mistakes you're making so we can correct them.
CUSTOM HOME PROGRAM
Receive a strategic custom program to address your limitations and build strength in your running.
I had the opportunity to visit 901PT and I am glad I did. After my first visits, I started to feel an improvement.
Dr. Sara Michael helped me to recover, to identify some weaknesses and she gave me great tips to improve my running technique.
There’s a reason why this place has 5 star reviews only. The staff at 901PT is impeccable. Dr. Clay is a genius when it comes to his craft.
Dr. Clay looks at every case as an individual case, not a “textbook case”. His analysis and plans are insanely intuitive.
I returned to running, hit a new PR, and I can only attribute that to the great work at 901PT. Before wasting money going to get an X-ray or MRI try this wonderful team first!
Dr. Clay is amazing and unlike any traditional DPT I’ve ever seen, I would give him 20 stars if I could. After 4 months of fighting ITB syndrome/knee issues and several doctor visits, I finally scheduled a consult.
Going in, I was unable to run more than 1 mile without sharp pain.
I'm now able to run 20+ miles with NO pain. I’m now training for my next ultramarathon with 0 pain and running more efficiently and faster than ever before. If you’re fighting nagging injuries, give 901PT a call today. You’ll be back running in much less time than traditional PT!
I had a great experience @ 901PT! I had been dealing with a nagging foot pain for years, and after just one session I could already tell a difference in my function and performance. I was able to shave 10% off my marathon time! The personal attention is unparalleled. Worth every penny.
Things That Make Pain Last Longer Than It Needs To
1. Rest- Rest can be helpful for initial inflammation for a day or two, but movement is necessary to solve the real issue. You need to be moving, and you need to be doing the RIGHT movements for your particular situation.
2. Relying on wearing a support or boot- It can be helpful but it will not solve the problem, and it just delays getting real treatment
3. Relying on medications or injections- They can help with temporary inflammation flare-ups or numb the pain, but they definitely do NOT solve the problem and can mask the real issue. This can lead to further tightness and make the problem worse.
4. Hearing that you have arthritis or degenerative joint problems that can only be fixed by injections or surgery- The vast majority of the time this is simply NOT true! People are told all the time to just deal with the pain until they’re ready to have surgery or another injection, and this is bad advice in a lot of cases and will prolong the pain or prevent you from getting needed treatment.