We can help you stop your shoulder pain while avoiding the use of medications, injections, and surgery!
Do you struggle with nagging shoulder pain or stiffness?
Does this sound like you?
Your shoulder hurts when you raise your arm above your head or out to the side
It's painful when you press a weight overhead or hang from a bar, and now you either deal with the pain or are have to avoid those parts of the workout.
Your shoulder hurts when you move it too fast or try to throw overhead.
Someone might have told you that shoulder surgery is in your future or you’re worried that you’ll have to give up the sports and activities you love due to shoulder pain that just won’t get better.
If any of this sounds like you, we're here to help because we KNOW shoulders and what it takes to get them back to full and painless function naturally.
Most people’s shoulder pain hangs around much longer than it needs to because it never received proper diagnosis and treatment. Many of the patients we see have been dealing with chronic shoulder pain for years, and the more time passes, the longer it takes for it go away.
Reasons Why Your Shoulder Pain May Be Hanging On
1. You were hoping it would go away, but it didn't.
2. You went to a physician who gave you expensive imaging, told you to rest, and to take painkillers. If the medicine helped, it was only temporary and the pain came back.
3. A friend or family member told you that shoulder pain is part of getting older so you just accepted it.
4. You tried visiting other health professionals for help but their treatments didn't seem to help for long.
5. You Google'd your symptoms and tried exercises you found on YouTube, but it didn't help or made it worse!
6. You thought resting and stopping your exercise would help, but as soon as you tried to ease back into being active, the pain was back.
Now the question is, "How can 901PT help you start relieving your shoulder pain in the next few days?"
What We Will Do For You
1. Spend a full hour giving you a very thorough assessment and listening to your story and goals.
2. Communicate with you about the underlying root causes for WHY you're experiencing shoulder pain and WHAT needs to be done about it.
3. Establish a comprehensive treatment plan and guide you every step along the way as you reduce pain and gain strength and mobility.
4. Empower you to feel confident in your shoulder health going forward and help you achieve your performance goals.
I had the best experience possible with Sara at 901 PT. I went in for some shoulder pain that was hindering my ability to participate in workouts.
Within a couple of weeks, my shoulder pain was negligible. We continued to work on other mobility issues/weaknesses that I learned were probably contributing to my shoulder issues.
I feel like I got a full-body overhaul! Couldn't recommend 901 PT more.
Clay is a phenomenal PT. I have had shoulder pain for over two years. I have seen two different doctors and a hand full of PTs. All of them good people, but were never able to get down to the root of the problem, and they could never tell me I would be better.
However, from day one, Clay told me otherwise. I am still on the journey of shoulder recovery, but Clay has been willing to walk every step of it with me. He spends the whole hour with you, very hands-on, very intentional and, to the best of his abilities, is willing to answer any question you might have.
He is not only great at what he does, but he is relational, too. Would recommend him to anyone looking to fight for recovery!
I saw Dr. Sara for I believe it was 8 consecutive weeks and she was wonderful each and every time.
We re-capped what was going on and she gave me different exercises to take home each week so I could make progress!
I thought after 8 weeks I would have to go back, but I have kept up with her and kept up with the exercises and have ZERO pain left in my hip and shoulder. I could not be more pleased.
I did PT before the doctor. *******Definitely do it backwards people! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again 901 Physical Therapy, I couldn't be a more satisfied patient! Love you guys!
Three years ago I began having difficulty moving my left arm, particularly reaching my right shoulder. Before this, I had difficulty with my neck which had improved a little.
An orthopedic doctor diagnosed tendinitis and sent me how with a well-copied sheet of exercises. No change in the shoulder or neck until I heard of Dr. Jones.
He was able to diagnose the problem on my first visit, and we began a regiment of exercises targeting the real problem.
Four meetings later and I am making good progress with movement and must less discomfort. Prospects are good. Thank you!
Things That Make Shoulder Pain Last Longer Than It Needs To
1. Rest- Rest can be helpful for initial inflammation for a day or two, but movement is necessary to solve the real issue. You need to be moving, and you need to be doing the RIGHT movements for your particular situation.
2. Modifying Your Workout- It can be helpful and might be necessary for a while, but it will not solve the problem, and doing this longterm can delay getting real treatment.
3. Relying on medications or injections- They can help with temporary inflammation flare-ups or numb the pain, but they definitely do NOT solve the problem and can mask the real issue. This can lead to further tightness and make the problem worse.
4. Hearing that you have a tear or arthritis or degenerative joint problems that can only be fixed by injections or surgery- The vast majority of the time this is simply NOT true! People are told all the time to just deal with the pain until they’re ready to have surgery or another injection, and this is bad advice in a lot of cases and will prolong the pain or prevent you from getting needed treatment.
If you’re tired of being slowed down by a nagging tightness or sharp pain in your shoulder, then let’s talk.
We'd love to hear about what's going on with your shoulder, how long you've been experiencing pain, and what you've tried so far.
We'll answer your questions and explain how we're different. We'll tell you what the process looks like for you get back to normal everyday functioning without shoulder pain. We are also highly qualified to help you return to a high level of athletic performance after shoulder pain and help you be confident in your shoulder for the future.
See below for some of our tips about shoulder pain.
If you’re tired of living with shoulder pain, and you're ready to take the first step in eliminating it, call us at (901) 310-3901.
We're also giving away this FREE Guide containing the top recommendations we give to patients who deal with shoulder pain. While we cannot guarantee that every tip will help your specific situation, our advice is research-based and has been helpful for hundreds of shoulder pain patients we have seen over the years. We genuinely hope that you take this small step toward finding the root cause and solution to your shoulder pain so that you can more quickly get back to what you enjoy doing.