We help Memphis runners recover from injury & pain so they can KEEP RUNNING for a LIFETIME
There's a lot of misinformation out there about running being bad for your joints.
"Your body isn't a set of tires that will wear out..."
MOVEMENT IS MEDICINE!
Do you struggle with pain from running or nagging injuries?
Does this sound like you?
Have you ever had to cut down on mileage because you're scared of pain or injury?
Do you avoid speed work because of pain?
You're halfway through your run when all of a sudden you have to stop and Uber home?!
You want to run that next race but find yourself fearful of wearing down your body?
You find yourself stagnant in setting goals due to pain or injury?
What We Can Do to Help You
Most people’s pain hangs around much longer than it needs to because it never received proper diagnosis and treatment. Waiting for it to go away usually doesn't work, and the longer you wait, the more time you spend not running the way you want to.
Reasons Why Your Pain May Be Hanging On
1. You were hoping it would go away, but it didn't.
2. You went to a physician who gave you expensive imaging, told you to rest, and to take painkillers. If the medicine helped, it was only temporary and the pain came back.
3. A friend or family member told you that pain with running is part of getting older so you just accepted it.
4. You tried visiting other health professionals for help but their treatments didn't seem to help for long.
5. You Google'd your symptoms and tried exercises you found on YouTube but it didn't help or made it worse!
6. You thought resting and stopping running would help but as soon as you tried to ease back into it, the pain was back.
If you keep training and living with pain, what will it cost you?
We'd love to hear your story and give you some advice on what you should do about your pain.
If you're not quite ready to book an appointment, whether because you're unsure if we're right for your situation or if you've had a bad experience in the past, it might be helpful to speak with one of our Doctors first so that you can be 100% confident that we can help you.
If that would be helpful for you, please click on the button above and fill out a short form so that we can schedule a time for you to have a conversation on the phone about your situation with one of our Docs. They will answer all of your questions, and this call is FREE.
You might want to find out a little bit about the cost and availability of an appointment before booking. If you'd like to ask us some questions first, just click the above button and fill-out the form.
Now the question is, "How can 901PT help you overcome pain and injury to be a successful longterm runner?
What We Will Do For You
1. Spend a full hour giving you a very thorough assessment and listening to your story and goals.
2. Communicate with you about the underlying root causes for WHY you're experiencing pain and WHAT needs to be done about it.
3. Establish a comprehensive treatment plan and guide you every step along the way as you reduce pain and gain strength and mobility.
4. Show you exactly what specific cross-training needs you have going forward and how you can incorporate that into your longterm training.
4. Empower you to feel confident in your running going forward and help you achieve your performance goals.
What Other Memphis Runners Are Saying about 901PT
I had the opportunity to visit 901PT and I am glad I did. After my first visits, I started to feel an improvement.
Dr. Sara Michael helped me to recover, to identify some weaknesses and she gave me great tips to improve my running technique.
I struggled to relieve tightness in my calves after runs and with bouts of lower back pain. I wanted to try dry needling to see if it would help.
I contacted 901PT and I had an appointment the NEXT day - unheard of! Sara did an evaluation and noticed that my hips were also unstable. She showed me exercises to increase hip stability, and I received an email with the exercises + a video to make sure I could do them at home.
Sara dry needled my calves and hips and was thorough in her explanation of what to expect. I love that they wanted to get to the bottom of what was going on. You can tell that they care about all of their patients!
Dr. Clay is amazing and unlike any traditional DPT I’ve ever seen, I would give him 20 stars if I could. After 4 months of fighting ITB syndrome/knee issues and several doctor visits, I finally scheduled a consult.
Going in, I was unable to run more than 1 mile without sharp pain. I expected it would take several weeks and many visits to identify then treat the issue. Dr. Clay identified the issue, root cause, and underlying weaknesses in the initial exam. I started to find relief after my 2nd visit. After 4 visits and focused strength work, I was able to run pain-free again.
Less then 2 months after my first visit and consistently applying what Dr. Clay taught me, I was able to run 20+ miles with NO pain. I’m now training for my next ultramarathon with 0 pain and running more efficiently and faster than ever before. If you’re fighting nagging injuries, give 901PT a call today. You’ll be back running in much less time than traditional PT!
I had a great experience @ 901PT! I had been dealing with a nagging foot pain for years, and after just one session I could already tell a difference in my function and performance. I was able to shave 10% off my marathon time!The personal attention is unparalleled. Worth every penny.
Things That Make Pain Last Longer Than It Needs To
1. Rest- Rest can be helpful for initial inflammation for a day or two, but movement is necessary to solve the real issue. You need to be moving, and you need to be doing the RIGHT movements for your particular situation.
2. Relying on wearing a support or boot- It can be helpful but it will not solve the problem, and it just delays getting real treatment
3. Relying on medications or injections- They can help with temporary inflammation flare-ups or numb the pain, but they definitely do NOT solve the problem and can mask the real issue. This can lead to further tightness and make the problem worse.
4. Hearing that you have arthritis or degenerative joint problems that can only be fixed by injections or surgery- The vast majority of the time this is simply NOT true! People are told all the time to just deal with the pain until they’re ready to have surgery or another injection, and this is bad advice in a lot of cases and will prolong the pain or prevent you from getting needed treatment.
If you’re tired of pain getting in the way of your running, and you're ready to book an appointment to take the first step in eliminating it, call us!
We'd love to hear about what's going on, how long you've been experiencing pain, and what you've tried so far.
We'll answer your questions and explain how we're different. We'll tell you what the process looks like for you get back to running without pain, what to do to help prevent problems in the future, and how to progress in your training. We are highly qualified to help you return to a high level of athletic performance after pain and injury and help you be confident in your strength for the future.